Mark Adams was named Texas Tech’s permanent head coach on Monday night and one of his first priorities was re-recruiting his entire roster.
That includes star guard Mac McClung.
“He’s considering coming back,” Adams said of McClung on this week’s College Hoops Today Podcast. “I’m going to meet with Mac and his family soon. I want the best for these guys. I just want these guys to know that I’m going to support him either way.”
The 6-2 McClung averaged 15.5 points last season.
Several of the Texas Tech’s players entered the transfer portal following Chris Beard’s decision to accept the head coaching vacancy at Texas.
Since Monday, both Kevin McCullar and Kyler Edwards have publicly announced their intentions to stay with the Red Raiders and play for Adams.
- 5 questions with Syracuse’s Adrian Autry
- Jim Boeheim on St. John’s: “They’re going to be at worst a top-20 team this season”
- Big East, Big Ten close to finalizing agreement to continue Gavitt Games, with all 11 Big East teams likely to participate
- 5 questions with Miami’s Jim Larranaga
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo on the Big Ten’s recent lack of success in the NCAA Tournament: “There’s no excuses — we have to do better”