The Big Ten is having active discussions about how many league games it will play moving forward when the conference expands to 18 teams during the 2024-25 season following the additions of UCLA, USC, Oregon, and Washington, multiple sources told College Hoops Today.
According to a source, the Big Ten is discussing staying at 20 league games or shifting to 21 or 22.
“All three are on the table,” an anonymous source told College Hoops Today.
Another thing being discussed is how many teams the Big Ten will have in the Big Ten Tournament starting in the 2024-25 season
All 14 teams from the league currently automatically qualify for the Big Ten Tournament, but according to a source, it is “highly unlikely” that all 18 Big Ten teams will play in the Big Ten Tournament when the conference adds UCLA, USC, Oregon, and Washington following this season.
- The Breakfast Buffet: Miami/Kentucky, PJ Hall, Nolan Hickman
- Episode 422 — Miami’s Jim Larranaga
- Syracuse, Texas, and St. Joe’s to headline 2024 Legends Classic, 4th team is TBD
- The Breakfast Buffet: Florida Atlantic, Butler, Saint Mary’s needs to start stacking good wins
- The Breakfast Buffet: Ohio State, Lynn Kidd enters the national spotlight, BYU