Arizona transfer Jordan Brown has committed to Louisiana Lafayette, he told College Hoops Today on Friday.
“I just felt a real connection with the coaching staff,” said the 6-11 Brown, who averaged 9.4 points and 5.2 rebounds last season at Arizona. “I feel like they can help me get where I want to go.”
Brown is the first ever McDonald’s All-American to commit to the Ragin’ Cajuns and the highest rated player in the history of the men’s basketball program. Brown was a five-star recruit coming out of high school and played one season at Nevada before transferring to Arizona.
Since he’s now a two-time transfer, Brown will need a waiver from the NCAA to be eligible to play during the 21-22 season.
Louisiana Lafayette finished 16-8 last season.
- 5 questions with Syracuse’s Adrian Autry
- Jim Boeheim on St. John’s: “They’re going to be at worst a top-20 team this season”
- Big East, Big Ten close to finalizing agreement to continue Gavitt Games, with all 11 Big East teams likely to participate
- 5 questions with Miami’s Jim Larranaga
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo on the Big Ten’s recent lack of success in the NCAA Tournament: “There’s no excuses — we have to do better”